Windham Parks and Recreation
Skip to nav
2023 Summer Track
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We are offering 2 different options with our track program for this summer for ages 5-14
Skills & Drills Program: This is a non-competitive, instructional program that will work on improving the runner's skills and timing. Participants will be given the opportunity to develop skills in running and field events (including javelin, shot put, long jump, and discus.)
Practices: Monday & Wednesday from 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm or 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm at the Windham High School Track (You choose the time).
Fee: $70 resident /$80 non-resident - T-shirt included!
USATF Competitive Program: This program will hold two practices per week along with track meets at local area schools (transportation to track meets are not included).
USATF Membership: Competitive program participants are required to go to the USATF website, make an account and sign up for the Individual Youth Membership for a fee of $30. If this is the first time your child is participating in this program, a copy of their birth certificate is REQUIRED during USATF membership registration.
Practices are Monday & Wednesday from 5:00 - 6:30 or 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm at the Windham High School Track (You choose the time).
Meets: Runners will participate in weekly local & regional meets on Thursdays. The State Meet will be held in August on a Saturday for anyone who qualifies.
Thurs. June 29th 2pm Gorham H.S
Thurs. July 6th 2pm Massabesic H.S
Thurs. July 13th 2pm Massabesic H.S.
Thurs. July 20th 2pm Windham H.S.
Thurs. July 27th 2pm Freeport H.S.
Thurs. Aug. 3rd 10am Freeport H.S. Jr. division Qualifying Meets
Sat. Aug. 12th 9am Bangor. State Championship - Cameron Stadium
Fee: $150 resident /$160 non-resident & $30 USATF Membership Fee - T-shirt included!
Registration opens Monday, May 15th. Payment is due in full at time of registration. Registration closes June 20th. If space allows, a late fee will be applied if registering after the registration deadline.
- Informational email will be sent to parents before each program begins. Your email must be on your account and opted into emails notifications to receive the informational email.
- Please be aware of any exclusion date(s) the program may have.
- If practice/meets need to be canceled due to inclement weather of other circumstances, participants will be notified via email before the practice/meets begin.
- All participants in the competitive program are required to go to the USATF website (see link below), make an account under the Individual Youth Membership and pay the $30 membership fee.
- If this is the first time your child is participating in this program, a copy of their birth certificate is REQUIRED during USATF membership registration.
- If your child can no longer attend the program and you need to cancel, please contact the Parks & Recreation office so we can accommodate anyone who might be on the waiting list.